Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A month old

It has been a month since the babies have been born. They are so cute and tiny still like little dolls. They have gained a pound and an inch each since they have been born. Since the babies are one month old today it is tradition to eat very long noodles with family for dinner. I am glad that we get to be apart of this tradition for the babies. With William they left just before he turn a month old.
I am recovering pretty good. My swelling is going down and I can now feel the staples that they put in me through my skin...icky! I know, but they should disintegrate soon. I normally do not get fevers but I have had a fever twice this week. Once I think was from a 24 hour flu and the other I think I had a blockage in a duct, it really hurt but is feeling much better now. Using a pump is much different than breast feeding because the pump does not suck exactly like a baby so it is easier to get a blockage. I hope I can keep the flow going.
The parents are doing well with taking care of both babies. The father takes night duty and the mom takes day duty. It is great to see them get to know their babies. Andrew looks just like their brother William and eats like him too. I did not realize when William was born how much he looked like his mom but Michael looks so much like his dad next to Andrew it is very pronounced. The twins are so different in many ways. Even though Michael looks like his dad he has his mother's appetite. He eats 2 oz while his brother, Andrew who is much more vocal about when he thinks he should be fed eats 3.5 oz. They are both great babies only fussing when they are hungry. I hope it stays that way after tomorrow when they get their circumcision...ekk!
It is so nice having the parents here. They help with dishes and laundry...the mom folded our laundry, gave it to me and it was still hot! I have never folded laundry that fast! They say that they don't cook but they have been cooking for us about every other night and it is delicious! Very different than Chinese food here in America. They say they don't cook at home but its not that they can't cook its that they have someone else who can do it like grandma or grandpa. It is so fun to share dishes with them from around the world, America is a smorgasbord of cultures. I am glad to eat all sorts of food no matter who cooks it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment