Wednesday, April 6, 2011

3 cm Dilated!!! Yippy!!!

We went to the Doctor today and I am 3 cm dilated!!! We are so excited!!!! After the appointment the Mother said to me, "Thank you so much. I have waited so long to see my son." She started to cry... I know that this has been such a long process for the parents. I am so glad that I am doing this for them! I cannot wait to see the parents hold the baby!!! That is going to be the best part of this entire journey. I am 37weeks and 4 days today so having the baby now would be fine.
At the Doctors appointment I talked to the Doctor about my "birth plan". The look on her face when I said "birth plan" was priceless! It was a mixture of oh great and panic. My "birth plan" has six things on it so the Doctor was very pleased that I did not have tons of demands. She agreed to all of them except one. I did not want to be given pitocin after the birth if I did not have it before the birth. The Doctor explained to me that she is more comfortable with me having the pitocin after the birth so that I do not bleed out. At the birth class they said that the shot of pitocin is better than the bag but the Doctor said they the same strength. I will have an IV so I would rather have it in the bag then the nurse give me a shot in my leg that will hurt. I am really ok with what the Doctor wants to do, I trust her knowledge and experience. I still want to have a personal experience and I think I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment