Sunday, April 17, 2011

A deeper level

 Tonight I made Kahlua pork for the parents and they LOVED IT!! They said it was just like what they cook in China and it was the best meal they have had in two weeks! I was so happy! Cooking for others is something I love to do and I am so glad that I was able to make them something that made them feel at home. The Dad said that he is planing to make us a real Chinese meal. I cannot wait! 
 After dinner the Dad and I had a great talk about the Bible, China, his life, and more. It is so funny to me how alike we are even though we are from such different places. We will talk about our cultures but then we will say but I do not do that or believe that. I love that we are able so share with each other even though we are so different. He also invited us to come to China! He said that the best time for us to come is during Chinese New Year because his business is closed for the holiday and he will have more time to spend with us. It would be so awesome to go see them in China! To see how the baby is doing in his home with his wonderful parents would be such a great gift for me. I hope that we will be able to always stay close since we have shared such a wonderful journey together.   

No comments:

Post a Comment