Saturday, April 16, 2011

Do I love this little baby?

 I have been asked many questions about surrogacy and I do not mind any of them. The biggest one was, will I or do I love the baby? Well I have to say definitely YES!
 The baby has jaundice and the Doctor ordered a blood test. I asked the Doctor before we left how he wanted the blood taken. He said it was always taken in the arm. When we went to the lab the tech was setting her stuff up and I noticed she had a needle to poke his foot. I told her that the Doctor said to take the blood from the arm. She argued with me saying that they always take it from the foot. I asked her nicely to call the Doctor and see how he wanted it taken and she spitefully picked up the needle and stabbed him!!!! I was freaking out inside!!! I tried to stay calm on the outside for the Parents and the interpreter but I was so upset! I know I love that little baby because I was so angry. The baby cried the entire time (about 2 minutes). I know that is not that long but his Mother and Father have been waiting 15 years for this little baby and now he is being tortured for no reason! The arm stick would of been quicker and less painful for Mom and baby.
 We got the test back and his billiruben level was a 16, that is high. The Doctor wanted the test taken again the next day but now the Mom would not let him go through that again. That made me feel even more protective and angry about what happened the day before. I was so upset inside I went back down to the lab to complain to the Manager. I told her the whole story and she could not even believe what she did. The Lab tech will be written up so I was pacified but still very upset.
 The Parents are doing the treatment to get rid of the jaundice they just want to wait to see if he gets better before they stick the baby again. I understand and it is their choice because it is their baby. I just wish that tech would of listened to me and we would not of had this problem.
  I knew I would love the baby that I carried for 38 weeks but I also knew I would able to let him go with his parents. I not only love the baby but I also love the parents. This time we have together has been wonderful we have been able to talk and learn about each other and our cultures. God has really blessed me by showing me over and over how well the parents are and will take care of their new little baby. I am so glad that I was able to do this for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment