Friday, April 29, 2011

Leaving to start their journey home


 On Wednesday the family left to California. They have to get the baby's passport in LA and then onto San Francisco to get his Visa. They have to return to LA for their flight back to China. If everything goes well they will be home by May 7th a day before the baby's one month birthday.
 Wednesday I was a mess! The Mom and I cried together like three times before they left. I was and am so sad to see them leave. I want to keep them here with us all the time but they need to go back to their own home. I have been so blessed because I was able to help them learn to take care of their little for almost 3 weeks. I got to watch them love him and experience all the new thing he did. I was able to be there for a lot of his firsts and even his first Easter. I had a wonderful time sharing with the parent how to and why we celebrate Easter from Jesus dieing on the cross to the bunny coming to fill the baskets. They told me that last year they were in New York taking the Mom's eggs out during Easter. That is awesome that it was one year later they were able to celebrate their baby. I feel so blessed to be apart of their lives.
  After we said our goodbyes my daughter and I cried together on the couch. My husband, who was being very understanding and missing the family too, decided that it would be great for us to do something fun to get our mind off of the situation. We went bowling at the bowling alley that his Mom works at. When we got there I was reading all the encouraging things that people were saying to me on Facebook and I just started balling! I thought I had enough control of myself to say hi to a friend but as soon as she asked me how I was I started up again. I do not mind crying in front of people or telling them why I am upset but I think that people do not understand why I am crying. I was crying because the family that lived with us, sharing everything with us, who loves our children just as much as we do, and we love their child just and much as they do, left. I do not think that I have ever connected to someone the way I connected to this family. But it is not just me! My hubby and kids also connected with them. It is amazing that my hubby connected with them because he does not connect with anyone! Well outside of our family. I love the Family and am I sad that when I wake up I will not be able to see them....it is a selfish reason but that is how I feel. I miss them.
  It has been two days and I still miss them but I am not crying all the time. I am looking forward to seeing my friends here again and getting back to our normal events.

No comments:

Post a Comment