Friday, April 8, 2011

William is here!!!


He was born at 9:42 am weighing in at 7 lb 15 oz and 19 in long!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.9

 What a wild ride!! I was able to go through the birth with no epidural. It was not too bad. I did the hypnobirthing class which taught me to meditate and breath through the contractions. It helped but it still did hurt when he came out. Oh No I said the "H" word...hurt, the Hypnobirthing people are going to get me...lol. I had told my Doctor that I did not want any one to talk about pain or hurting in my birth plan so when she got there she had forgotten about it. One of the first things she said was, "How is your pain?" I laughed and reminded her and she was very apologetic and made sure the nurses knew not to say hurt or pain. I have to tell you I really did not care at that point but I did get a good laugh out of it so It was worth it. 
 The Doctor popped my bag at 8:15 am and asked me if I wanted her to stay at the hospital or if she could go to her office. With both of my children after my bag was popped I had them within the hour. I thought it was better if she stayed. After an hour I was not ready to deliver yet. I am sure that it was because of the way I was sitting. I was not very comfortable sitting up in the hospital bed. I wanted to walk around but that is a no, no in the hospital after you bag is broken. The Doctor asked me if I wanted to have her check me again and I really did not want her to. When she checked me it hurt! the baby was pushed back up in to my ribs and I was not happy. It was very intence but I was staying relaxed. I did let her check me and she said that I only had one little bit left and she pushed it over..not sure what "it" was but it worked!
 The Doctor walked out of the room and not even a minute later I was ready to push. The nurse was right next to me and started yelling get the Doctor in here! The baby already had started crowning and I was trying not to push because I wanted to breath him down so I did not tare. Well that did not work! All the nurses were yelling "don't push don't push" because the Doctor did not even have her gloves on! Then when she got in position one of the nurses stared to tell me to "push, push, push" and my Doctor looks at her and said, "she is doing fine" I wanted to laugh so bad but I was too busy. He came barreling out after 3 pushes. He came out so fast his entire face and eyes were bruised. I really tried to slow him down but it did not work. I ended up taring in 2 spots :-( I swear that the worst part of the birth was when I was spread eagle being sew up by the Doctor. Over all it was not too bad I went into the hospital at 11:30 pm Thursday and he was born Friday at 9:45 am (after a 4 hour nap). I do not know how long his labor was because I had been having contractions since I was was 35 weeks. 
 I had the Doctor make sure that the Mom was the first to hold the baby, I felt that was very important. When the nurse was doing what she needed to do the Mom came back over to me to thank me, she was crying! I was so happy for them! I had such a wonderful time watching the parents hold and love on the baby that day. That was my gift, to be able to watch them bond and love their little boy I was able to carry for them.    

No comments:

Post a Comment