Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Am I special?

I have been contemplating if my daughter should continue to be in the GATE program in her school. I know she is wonderful but is it just because I am her Mother? Am I seeing the truth? Is she really special??? She will always be special to me because she is my baby girl no matter what the school says and I know God will use her in a big way. She is going to get an IQ test on Wednesday and we will see what they think.
All of this made me ask myself if I am special...everyone keeps telling me I am because I am being a surrogate. This bothers me a little, not that it is bad or I cannot take a complement just that I feel it is normal for me. It just fits me and it feels right. It is like someone who can sing really good but does not know it, then they sing for someone and they are told for the first time they are an awesome singer. Yeah, that is how I feel. It's normal for me but extraordinary for others.
Praying about this God has shown me that this is a gift he has given to me and I am special. That makes me :-) God thinks I'm special!
I got some news today that I have to go back to New York to have the sonogram done next week. I am happy that I get to go back but I am also sad because Allen will not be coming. We had babysitter issues last time and he cannot get off of work so it will be better if he stays. Now I have to find someone to go with me...which you would think would be easy but school just started and it is right after Labor day so everyone has extra days off that week already. I hope some one can come I do not want to go by myself but if I have to I will. Worst of all I have to have it arranged by tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment