Sunday, August 15, 2010

Great test results at an evil lab

I went to Lab Corp. yesterday to check my progesterone, estrogen, and HCG levels. I normally go to Quest but the office is closed on Saturday. It started out ruff when i sat in the waiting room for 45 min. When I was finally callen up the secratary could not find my orders so she handed me the stack of about 50 peoples orders and told me to find mine! I could not believe it! "Is she for real?" is all I could think. My orders were the second page in the huge stack. When I showed her she looked it over and said where is your name? It was right there in BOLD!
On to the next problem...They wanted me to pay with my credit card and would not let me have my test done unless I produced one. I tried to explain to them I am a surrogate and they are supposed to bill the doctor but if they could not do that then they could just bill me. No, no, no, they could not do that. I called my third party contact for the surrogacy and he tried to give them the parents credit card but they would not take that either!!! Oh and my order was STAT so it needed to be done right away. So finally the highest ranking tech who kept repeating, my hands are tied,my hands are tied, called her manager and she said to do the test.
So I got the test and I was grateful it was over...or so I thought. I called the lab to get my results and the same Secretary answered the phone. I promptly identified myself and she remembered me from all the issues we had. She told me that she would give me my results if I did not call and complain about her. What????? Now she is going to bribe me with my results!!! I could not believe it! I wanted to make sure everything was going well with the pregnancy so I said yes. She told me she would get them and call me back. After waiting for her call I called her and she kept saying she will give them to me...she did not! I felt so used and mistreated. I miss Quest they are always so nice. I will never do testing on the weekend again.
I did get a call from the doctor today and my level is a 86 which is double what it was last time and that is exactly what we want.
After it all, I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment