Wednesday, December 12, 2012

32 weeks 5 days

I had an appointment today with an ultrasound. I am 1 cm dilated which is not too big of deal because many women are dilated 1cm at this point and go to 40 weeks. I don't think I will make it to 40 weeks but it gives me some level of comfort. I opted to take the steroids to help the babies lungs ans eyes develop if they come early. Baby A is still breach...that little stinker. Both babies have their cords down by my cervix. That is very bad for natural birth so my doctor said we will have to go with a c-section if everything stays the same. I have come to terms with having a c-section from talking to everyone I can about how their c-section went. I know everyone is different but I have found comfort in hearing how theirs went.
They measured the babies, baby A is 4lbs 11oz and baby B is 4lbs 15 oz, about 5lbs each. This is just an estimate but I feel it is a pretty good one. They have each gained 1lb in two weeks which is normal. I am hoping to have them after Christmas and both weight about 6lbs 8oz. I am kinda excited at the possibility of having the babies on the 27th. I have two nephews born December 27th and how cool would it be to have these babies on the same day! They won't be my baby's but I will never forget their birthday and I get to share a special day with my sisters in law. :-)
As I was driving to my doctors appointment it hit me. I could possibly be in the hospital for Christmas! I almost burst into tears but I decided to hold it in because I did not want to scare my kids by blubbering for no apparent reason. I don't know what I will do if I have to be in the hospital for Christmas but I will know I will be very sad. The days just keep going by so I hope I make it until after Christmas.

If you have a c-section story I would love to hear about it. Post it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment