Saturday, December 8, 2012

Bedrest

It has been a long journey this pregnancy with more complications than I would of liked. The first transfer dis not work so we tried again and they decide to put in 2 embryos. Low and behold I am pregnant with twins!
The first trimester was uneventful but the second was full of twists and turns. At the beginning of the second trimester I had a massive bleeding episode because a piece of placenta ripped away from my uterus. That was the scariest thing I have ever encountered. I bled for 45 mins straight! It took 3 weeks to fully stop but I was so glad it did. I was on bedrest for the 3 weeks plus a couple extra to just be sure everything was ok. At the end of the second trimester I has an ultrasound to check my cervix and it was just over 1 cm shortened. Your cervix shortens then opens, I should of been over 3 cm at that point. So it was back on bedrest for me.
I am now 32 weeks and still on bedrest. It did not bother me at first because I am always going it was nice to just relax. Now I am so tired of asking everyone to do everything for me. I just want to get up and do it myself. I am also very lonely. I am a very social person and I miss people! My husband has been taking our kids to all their events, which is great but I end up being alone for long periods of time. I can't wait to get back to my normal routine of being with my family all day.
I hope to keep these boys in until 36 weeks at least so they can develop well and their parents can get here. The parents should be here just after Christmas. I am glad they are spending Christmas with their first son before they come here for over a month. They are going to stay with us again for a month after the babies are born so I can pump for them. Just a little boost before they go back to China.

No comments:

Post a Comment