Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Red...purple!

I was taking a shower and my legs started to feel weird, a weak tingling feeling. So I looked down and my legs were bright red with purple veins running down them! I freaked! I got out of the shower as fast as I could to go lay down. My legs went right back to their normal whiteness quickly and I was ecstatic! I monitored just to be sure that the leg issue did not cause any contractions. I was fine only 4 contractions that hour (that's low for me at this point.).
This weekend was ruff with 2 monitoring at 8 contractions in an hour. I am now on double the medications that I was on before and it is not all fun. Sleeping seams to be evading me even when I use my lavender oil, I feel like my body is quivering and weak. No fun stuff.
I am going to try to do some leg exercises to help strengthen my legs and blood vessels. I can't do anything like squats, which is my go to exercise for legs. Even side leg lifts cause a contraction. So, I am left with laying on my side squeezing my calfs by lifting my foot up and down. It feels good to move my legs and feel the strength in them again. I am very careful to make sure my stomach is relaxed as I "workout." It is more important for me not to be contracting than to exercise. I hope it helps.

1 comment:

  1. hang in their mama, you are doing so GREAT! Giving those babies the best chance to arrive ready and healthy. Keep finding those little ways that give you comfort and rest. Keeping you, babies and both families in prayer. Your almost there!

    ReplyDelete