Thursday, December 20, 2012

Home sweet home

I was released yesterday and it was perfect timing because the parents arrived just as I was released. We went right over to see the babies and they are doing great! They never needed oxygen and now are out of the warmers! They do still have an IV but are weaning off of it the more they eat.
I am so happy they are doing so well! They should be able to get out soon. We found out yesterday it is $7000 per day, per child for their care! It seems crazy to me since they are doing so well to be charging that much.
I was worried about my milk supply not coming in fast enough but it has steadily been growing and I am now pumping 5 oz every 3 hours. I need to keep it up because I know with two growing boys they will need to eat a lot. I am still sore and my belly is still numb but I am able to move a little better each day.

1 comment:

  1. Just found this blog.. :-) So proud of you and I admire immensely your selfless gift to these parents. You helped make their dreams come true. Proud to call you friend... :-)

    ReplyDelete